Creamy sauce infused herbs and garlic. Easy to whip together and it’s a family favourite. To make this dish vegetarian, remove prawns from the recipe, it can also be substituted for chicken. All versions are equally delicious.
Sun dried tomato prawn tagliatelle in a garlic and basil sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of washed and devained prawns
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes diced
- 2 cubes vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 250 grams tagliatelle pasta
- Step 1 Add olive oil to heated pan.
- Step 2 Add garlic, keep a close eye so it doesn’t turn brown too quickly. Keep mixing and add diced sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce heat.
- Step 3 Dissolve 2 cubes of vegetable stock in 2 cups of boiling water.
- Step 4 Carefully add the stock to the pan and continue to cook on medium heat.
- Step 5 Let the stock absorb in sun dried tomatoes.
- Step 6 Add the heavy cream and bring to boil just for a short moment.
- Step 7 Add Parmesan cheese and cook the sauce, stirring, for a couple of minutes, on low-medium heat until the cheese melts. Add the basil.
- Step 8 If your sauce is too thick add a little water and mix well.
- Step 9 Cook tagliatelle, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Step 10 Add the tagliatelle into the cooked sauce and mix well to combine.
- Step 11 Let it cooked together for a further 5 mins, add some water if the pasta becomes too dry.
- Step 12 Enjoy!