Gulab Jamun Brownies
Gulab Jamun is my favourite Indian traditional dessert. I love to gobble these up warm with cinnamon ice cream… YUMMM!
I was experimenting on how I could combine a traditional Indian sweet dessert into a modern dessert. That’s when I thought Gulab Jamun Brownies! I made an eggless brownie batter and stuffed Gulab Jamun inside.
The sugar syrup used to marinate the jamuns is also used in the batter recipe to add more of the traditional flavour to the brownies.
About the ingredients:
– Hot butter melts the sugar quickly and gives a lovely smooth silky batter to work with that spreads easily.
– Milk – you can use regular cows milk but I used almond milk in this recipe, whichever milk suits your liking.
– Plain flour is what binds the brownies together.
– Cocoa powder gives the yummy rich chocolate-y taste.
– Chocolate chips and chocolate chunks – I used milk chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks. The recipe requires 1 cup so I did 50/50 between the both.
– I used a 8×8 square silicone baking pan. You can grease it slightly and the brownies will just slide off it. If you don’t have a silicone one, then use grease proof paper to line your pan.