Peanut Butter Banana Bread
January 17, 2020
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed brown bananas (3 large brown bananas)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (the purer the better)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Step 1 Instructions
- Step 2 Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Step 3 In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Step 4 In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the peanut butter and melted butter and stir until combined. Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Step 5 Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t over mix.
- Step 6 Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Check the bread at 50 minutes, just to be safe. Oven times vary.
- Step 7 Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the bread and carefully remove from the pan. Let the bread cool on the wire cooling rack until slightly warm. Cut into slices and serve.