I make this at least once a week at home. It’s so yummy, full of spinach which is high in iron and paneer which has a good source of fat – vitamins A and D.
My version of this Palak Paneer requires minimal cooking skills. Just bung all the ingredients into the pan and let it cook, with a beautiful aroma.
200g chopped spinach – mince it fine in a chopper. Or frozen chopped spinach works too.
200g paneer cubes – I used Tesco paneer block and cut into cubes
1 medium onion
glug of cooking oil – I used U:ME oils
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 dried chilli
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ginger, garlic and chilli paste
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/4 cup water
- Add a cooking oil of your choice, once the oil is warm add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and dried chilli
- Add onion and 1 teaspoon of salt
- Once the onions are translucent and a little red
- Add the spinach all remainder spices and panner into the pan
- Add the water and let it cook for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Give it a final stir and enjoy!