Happy Chinese New Year Wishes!
Bringing some Indo-Chinese vibes this year. Chilli paneer is a famous dish, tangy, delicious and made with a sour spicy sauce. All this in a soft fluffy bao bun just pairs perfectly together.
This recipe serves 2-3 people.
Here’s what I used:
500g diced paneer (Indian cottage cheese)
2 whole peppers green & red cut into slices
1 whole red chilli cut into pieces
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons chopped ginger
A squeeze chilli sauce (optional if you like the heat 🌶🌶)
2 teaspoons cornflour in water
Handful of chopped spring onions
Handful of chopped coriander (and an extra pinch for for garnishing)
Salt to taste – I don’t usually put salt in because soy sauce is quite salty. Add more to taste if you like.
Oil for cooking
– Sauté the paneer cubes in oil until they turn crisp around the sides. Remove from pan and set aside for later
– Sauté all the peppers and red chilli. Once they are nicely cooked, remove and set aside for later
– Using the same pan sauté the garlic and ginger until fragrant. Leave in the pan and add in the pre-sautéd paneer and peppers mix
– Mix together all the sautéd ingredients and add a little more oil if needed
– Add in the spring onion, coriander, soy sauce and give it another mix
– Add some chilli sauce (if you want to add some serious heat to your dish 🌶)
– Now add the cornflour and mix well. Let it cook for 5-6 minutes
– Garnish with coriander and set aside
– Steam the bio buns as per packet instructions by @yutakaeats
– Fill each bun with chilli paneer and top with extra chilli sauce for some 🌶
– It’s ready to gobble! Enjoy!