Happy World Vegan Day!
I came across Oumph! whilst searching for a meat-free alternative. This brand is amazing and has so many ‘meat-looking’ products in the frozen aisle. I picked up a packet of Oumph! Kebab from Asda and thought to make a meat-free curry for the family. I like to use the same spices as I would in a chicken curry, so thought why not try it with Oumph!
“EPIC VEGGIE EATING”
I like the Oumph! Packaging it stands out from the other meat-free alternatives in the stores. I’m hoping to experiment more with their range.
This gravy recipe is a classic in our household, enriched with lots of flavour and spice. You will see lots of green, yellow and red in this curry with the combination of the coriander, turmeric and chilli. With this recipe, go up or down with the spice level to your taste. Perfect with a naan bread or rice.
I really hope you can try this and let me know in the comments below!
SPICE LEVEL – MEDIUM-HOT
glug cooking oil
1 stick cinnamon
1 whole cardamon
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 whole red chilli sliced
2 teaspoons himalayan salt
2 whole tomatoes chopped
1 teaspoon green chilli minced
1 teaspoon ginger minced
2 teaspoon garlic minced
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon mild curry powder heaped
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
1/2 bag Oumph! Kebab Spiced approx 140g
handful chopped coriander
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon garam masala
coriander to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Heat up pan and add oil, cardamon, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds
- Add chillies and onions let it cook for 5-6 mins on medium heat. Add half the salt (rest will be added at a later stage) and stir
- Once the onions are transparent , add the chopped tomatoes and let it cook until they slightly soften. It should take the tomatoes around 4-5 minutes to soften
- Add the spices:
Chilli, garlic and ginger chopped
Remainder of salt
- Now it’s time to add Oumph! Meat Free Vegan Kebab and some coriander. Mix it well so the Oumph! is covered with the spices. You may need to add a little water and mix again to get a slight gravy
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Keep checking on the curry, add more water if you need
- Once the Oumph! has softened, add garam masala and sprinkle a little more coriander
- Serve and enjoy!