A rich and creamy curry with lots of flavour.
Chickpea Coconut Curry
October 7, 2019
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1/2 orange pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chilli & ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup creamed coconut
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- handful of coriander
- 1 medium sliced tomato
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Step 1 Add coconut oil into a warm pan
- Step 2 Add onions and let them cook until translucent
- Step 3 Then the orange peppers, a little water, chilli garlic & ginger paste, black pepper, curry powder and salt. Lastly, add the creamed coconut and give it a good mix.
- Step 4 Let the spices cook together and the coconut will start to loosen. Keep stirring in between.
- Step 5 Wash and add the chickpeas into the pan followed by the shredded coconut, a little water and coriander. Give it a mix and let it cook for a further 5 mins.
- Step 6 Add the sliced tomatoes and garam masala. Cook for 2 mins then enjoy!